tax returns services in Bracknell

Tax return services

After you start trading, either as a partnership or sole trader, you will have to both register for and file your self assessment tax return with HMRC. Otherwise you may face fines and penalties. Contact us today for our professional and friendly tax return services.

Tax return registration

We can help you with your tax return registration by the deadline.

If you decide to start as a sole trader, then you must register for your self assessment tax returns with HMRC by 5 October after the end of the tax year.

You may, however, choose to be a business partnership instead. In which case, you must still also register for a tax return for the partnership as well as a tax return for each partner by the same deadline as with the sole trader. 

Besides, a landlord who rents out their property may need to register and file their self assessment tax return too. There is, however, an exemption for landlords renting a room in their home for < £7,500 pa to a lodger. In this case, the landlord will not need to register nor file the tax return.

There are penalties both for not registering and for late registration.

Tax return submission

After registration, you need to file your tax return annually either on paper or online.  The deadline for filing your tax returns is generally by:

  • 31 October after the tax year if it is a paper return; or
  • 31 January after the year end if you file it online

Additionally, a nominated partner of a partnership will also have to file a partnership tax return (in addition to his own self assessment tax return). And each partner is responsible for registering and filing their own tax returns.

With our experience and reliable tax return services, you can rest assured that your tax return will meet the deadline.

Corporation tax returns

So if you prefer to set up a limited company instead, a company director is responsible for filing a company tax return with HMRC, normally one year after the company year end. HMRC requires companies to attach their statutory accounts with the corporation tax returns submission.

Directors will also have to register and file their self assessment tax return if they receive other income such as dividends or property income (in addition to their salaries).

Failure to file a self assessment or corporation tax return by the deadline result in an automatic fine of £100.

Our services

Tax return services from MW Accounting Services for small businesses in Bracknell:

  • self assessment tax returns registration and submission
  • partnership tax returns registration and submission
  • each partner tax return submission
  • corporation tax returns and submission
  • tax returns advice
  • tax savings advice